Build 26058 + ISO out to Canary/Dev Channel

CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-02-14T22:00:25+00:00

Live in W.U.

Windows Insider program | Program announcements and registration | Communications and announcements

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-18T17:31:10+00:00

    I finally got tired of waiting for a solution to the upgrade / rollback issue with build 26058, so I attempted a clean install with the ISO on USB. Well, it worked, I got all the way through the install and the system is up and running.

    A couple of issues with 26058 include the weather applet does not appear on the lock screen regardless of setting to that effect; also I keep getting prompted to sign in with my Windows PIN (not sure how to remedy this).

    PS - I figured out how to turn off the PIN.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2024-02-18T22:55:39+00:00

    Sometimes I wonder if people don't appreciate security which, is the point of using a PIN & Windows Hello. A PIN is more secure than a password. Maybe, I am misunderstanding you but it's been my knowledge that going without a PIN, means not using Windows Hello & reverts back to using a password.

    Baffles me why entering a 4-digit PIN is such a bother but, maybe, that's just me.

    Glad you end up with a successful install. Many of us don't have Weather on the Lock screen even, with it set to be there. It DOES show on regular Win11, although, hovering on it does nothing, right now, as opposed to what it is supposed to do. And in 26058 the other choices shown in addition to Weather do not work, currently.

    And, as I've been thinking about it, something makes me curious and hence the query... Are you running 26058 on a 'spare box' or on your 'daily driver'?

    Cheers,
    Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/02506649-d445-40dc-a82b-c921e8209ece?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T05:12:43+00:00

    Anyone getting this??

    Pops up every time I restart my device and open Teams....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T05:50:56+00:00

    Anyone getting this??

    Pops up every time I restart my device and open Teams....

    Many apps get the same message. Just change the settings for that app. I turned it off and it stopped asking, 🤷‍♂️

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T05:59:19+00:00

    By changing the settings...you mean this right??

    Even though I have disabled the location for Teams, it still asks me every time I turn my device on (from shutdown/restart/hibernation)....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments