Build 26058 + ISO out to Canary/Dev Channel

CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-02-14T22:00:25+00:00

Live in W.U.

Windows Insider program | Program announcements and registration | Communications and announcements

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2024-02-18T22:55:39+00:00

    Sometimes I wonder if people don't appreciate security which, is the point of using a PIN & Windows Hello. A PIN is more secure than a password. Maybe, I am misunderstanding you but it's been my knowledge that going without a PIN, means not using Windows Hello & reverts back to using a password.

    Baffles me why entering a 4-digit PIN is such a bother but, maybe, that's just me.

    Glad you end up with a successful install. Many of us don't have Weather on the Lock screen even, with it set to be there. It DOES show on regular Win11, although, hovering on it does nothing, right now, as opposed to what it is supposed to do. And in 26058 the other choices shown in addition to Weather do not work, currently.

    And, as I've been thinking about it, something makes me curious and hence the query... Are you running 26058 on a 'spare box' or on your 'daily driver'?

    Cheers,
    Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/02506649-d445-40dc-a82b-c921e8209ece?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2024-02-18T02:31:18+00:00

    I have been beta testing for MS since prior to Vista's release. That was before WIP existed and we were called Beta Testers. Over the years I have run Beta Builds in various ways. Ever since it became available, I have, very successfully & enjoyably, used Hyper-V and pretty much kept to a VM approach. It has been dependable, easy to use and it comes with your Operating System.

    You might give it a go (instead of VMWare).

    OR

    You could go dual-boot and avoid the whole VM thing all together 😊

    Cheers,
    Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/11f1ea29-889b-48c8-8d7b-a93dac9f4662?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Johnny55 5,155 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-02-14T23:09:50+00:00

    Why 2 ISO file if they are the same?

    I would expect one 26058.1000 the other 26058.1100. 😎

    They default to Dev channel on total clean install. I had to uninstall KB5036078 CU on my Canary VM to bring it back to .1000.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T23:05:41+00:00

    2 separate ISO files.

    Image

    Hi FG,

    They are the same ISO images of 26058.1000

    Regards,

    They may just set a different flighting channel. 🤷‍♂️

    Why 2 ISO file if they are the same?

    I would expect one 26058.1000 the other 26058.1100. 😎

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T23:01:11+00:00

    Thanks CK, Now up & running with no install issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments