I, like d1101987, am very concerned about my privacy. I think it's a real problem that the younger generations have so willingly and glibly given up so much of their privacy to not only the giant tech corporations, but the NSA and US government as well. I fear that one day, this will all come back and bite people in the you know where. -:)
THAT SAID: I'm participating in this program because I read that MS had brought back the full desktop UI with start button, etc. which is the UI that I get the most efficient workflow from. The Metro UI is a joke for actual work. It's nice pretty eye candy and good for play on portable devices, but the configuring, tinkering, and extra apps I had to install just to get Windows 8 to a reasonable state was ridiculous.
THAT SAID: After I managed to get my Windows 8 UI under control and configured for a desktop, I discovered that underneath it all, there was a pretty good operating system. It's fast and the code seems much improved over Windows 7 (which I liked a lot BTW).
My first suggestion to improve the Windows 8/10 and beyond experience is to make setting up a local account more visible and easier to access.. The fact that during first OOBE setup, one has to search and can almost completely miss the local account setup option is a huge problem in my opinion. Of course MS wants users to set up their accounts using a MS log-in with Internet access so they can capture our data, preferences, etc. and sell that info to their business/advertising partners (and give to the NSA, BTW), but this is the first huge invasion of privacy with the new MS OSes. **Make setting up a local account easier and more obvious to access and navigate during OOBE!**A couple of other privacy holes are the Windows Identity Foundation and Windows Location drivers that are installed on most systems as 'features' - huge privacy hacks in my view. I removed both immediately on my Windows 8 system.
Generally, I want an OS to help me work which the familiar Windows Desktop does fairly well.
I've also learned how to navigate the UEFI firmware system and GPT disk partition scheme (which is far superior to MBR), so dual booting isn't the hassle it once was when I first encountered UEFI on GPT disks.
In fact, with a second HDD or a USB stick, one can actually boot Windows to a GPT disk on an MBR BIOS system which is the setup I have on one of my older boxes with a 3 TB GPT HDD as the system disk.
Other than bringing back a familiar desktop (which is a good thing in my view), Windows 10 seems to work much like Windows 8, that is: it's fast and reliable so far.
PHubb