Tried to disable the Intel Graphics 4000 on the Vaio, which worked, but in the end decided to enable it again.
Serves me right for playing around with a perfectly working system, as the display keeps on turning off now. Checked the power settings, which is never to turn off on power, but still turns it off, especially after waking from sleep.
Very frustrating
Hi Vienna,
On Dev Builds they are experimenting with Power settings. On my machines the display kept going off even if I set it for 2 hours.
Machines are connected to UPS, had to set it for both cases when connected or on battery to avoid the continuous display turn off or the system going to sleep even when connected to power.
I ended up setting to Never.
Just thought to mention that I solved the problem of screen getting dark. When the Graphics 4000 was disable and then reenabled, Sony Vaio Control Center must have turned the adaptive brightness on. Just had to turn it off to get back to normal