Microsoft Rewards not recognizing my phone number to redeem.

Anonymous
2023-09-17T21:02:04+00:00

The past couple of months I used the Microsoft Rewards service gave me little to no issues, but the past 2 weeks has been giving me a MAJOR issue. I use the service for my monthly redemption of Robux, and it gave me no issues until the "Phone verification" page popped up. It's asking me to receive a code.... but without a prompt to add my number. All the page asked me is that "You don't have a phone number yet." and a link to my Microsoft account info where it shows my details, including my phone number that's associated with my account. I removed and added back my phone number, added different phone numbers from other people, change my email address and its primary alias, but it still gave me the same light blue box to add a phone number. Can I get help to redeem my 16k points?

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T23:56:48+00:00

    Yep i have the SAME problem pls Microsoft fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T21:06:07+00:00

    I am having the same issue. It's turning out to be not worth it plus the constant signing in even when already signed in on other tabs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T07:52:00+00:00

    HI! A response to your answer : If you contact Microsoft Rewards Support they redirect you to Microsoft Account Support, which redirects you here to click on your rewards support. It goes on a loop. The only way this can be fixed in my knowledge is that for Microsoft to fix this on their own. Some numbers like in Indonesia, Philippines, and other nations have different numbers but have the nation's national (+) phone number. I have seen many problems in many forums including one from the Philippines where only 1 internet company named "Globe" is recognized while in Indonesia one region is only recognized to have a valid phone number. This is an issue only Microsoft can solve and rewards will just redirect you to Microsoft support which most people may not be able to access because of the fact that you need to file a complaint that can probably not be fixed. Best case scenario : Wait for Microsoft to fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-09T15:33:16+00:00

    After all the angst I've seen on all these forums; about not being able to add a phone number and all that stuff, I FOUND A SOLUTION TO REDEEMING MICROSOFT REWARDS!!!

    I went back to my Xbox and was snooping around and found an app called "Rewards". Went into that app, redeemed my Microsoft Rewards and applied my $25 Gift card (23,000 points) to the Microsoft Store. Then when I purchased the game I wanted, the $25 gift card showed up on a line above my credit card info, and showed the balance that would hit my credit card after the $25 gift card, and voila!! Wow, a ton of frustration, but the answer is to redeem through that app on Xbox. Worked for me!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-09T19:21:20+00:00

    Use your phone instead of your computer. Get the BING app if you don't have it. At the bottom of the screen find an icon for Apps. You'll find Rewards there. At the bottom of the Rewards screen find Redeem Your Points.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments