Error redeeming reward with points ("There’s an issue with your account or order Please contact Microsoft Rewards customer support for assistance.")

Anonymous
2023-06-22T12:54:50+00:00

Hi,

I've an issue in that when trying to redeem reward points, it states the above. I'm not sure why this is. I have read that accounts can be suspended, but I've had this account for years and followed the t&C's.

Any advice?

Thanks

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-07T16:04:30+00:00

    Hello, I have a somewhat different/same issue. Since August 30, 2023 I have been unable to redeem points. Before this time I simply got an email, clicked on a link and got my Microsoft Gift Card ( I have redeemed over 250,000 points this way). Now, they are insisting on calling me. There is an radial button for a phone call on a Landline. But, there is no phone number associated with my Microsoft Account (by the way Microsoft Accounts Billing has told me I shouldn't link a phone number to my account, online chat Help Desk that actually helps). Trying to add a phone number, step 4 of 4, the system is trying to send a SMS text to a Landline. I keep getting told it cannot be a VOIP phone, IT ISN'T. It is just an ordinary phone, it rings you pick it up and say Hello, No voice mail, no VOIP just an ordinary phone Landline so of course it doesn't accept texts. The "help (not) desk" people just send 1 response and literally within 1 minute close the submitted question AND WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS. I need some help, why should I earn points when I cannot redeem them???????????????

    Ask at Chat representative, somehow they clever. I just got LUCK last time after try them for 5 times (Complaining), one of the chat person help me out. (Put help chat via microsoft product, don't use FORM Rewards they just useless)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-07T15:21:28+00:00

    Thank you Robert for your Reply, update information & all-Greatly Appreciated! Yeah I have a cell phone for talking only & good ole microsoft gives me the option for a phone call which only sends text messages ( Elderly People only talk on the phone-what an ingenius concept). Not sure what to do-"abusing the system" yeah at my age I'm surely going to fraud "points" & not get to use them. In my illiteracy of the "help desk" I have yet to find that again & I can not remember where I put my notes on how to get there again. Possibly use someone else's phone for the stoopid text message today-Hopefully can buy Panera Bread & eat some pizza with zero delivery. What a major issue (ish-you) problem this is for those of us who are Original School & wanting to Redeem points-why they don't get rid of the repeat offenders who do abuse the system? Far too many questions to ask them/those hi-tech idiots with an education & programmed to err for us illiterate Human Beings.

    Take Care. Bless you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-07T00:56:34+00:00

    Good Luck, Best Wishes, I tried going to the Community Forum directly, after the back and forth (at least Van was willing to communicate with me) the best he could come up with was to keep trying with the Rewards "Help (not) Desk" people. I told him I've tried 12 time already. My problem is I do not have a cell phone, just an ordinary Landline, Landlines do not accept texts, that is why they are called Landlines (something the towering geniuses just don't see to get), according to them (Rewards) we are all con and scam artists. I wouldn't even know how. I earn my points I redeem them they sent me an email with a link and I got my lousy $25.00 Microsoft Gift card to spend in Candy Crush.

    If it helps here is the quote from the Community Forum fellow Van. Totally different information the from the Rewards Page.

    Hi, I am Van. I'll be glad to assist you today.

    I apologize; unfortunately, Microsoft Rewards now requires a mobile phone number when claiming a reward.

    It used to accept land lines before. However, due to some members abusing the program, Microsoft Reward restricts it to only accepting mobile phone numbers to send the verification code.

    I would recommend reaching out to reward support by using the link below. Hopefully, they will be able to provide you with an alternative method to claim the reward.
    https://rewards.bing.com/support

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-07T00:07:57+00:00

    Hello, I have a somewhat different/same issue. Since August 30, 2023 I have been unable to redeem points. Before this time I simply got an email, clicked on a link and got my Microsoft Gift Card ( I have redeemed over 250,000 points this way). Now, they are insisting on calling me. There is an radial button for a phone call on a Landline. But, there is no phone number associated with my Microsoft Account (by the way Microsoft Accounts Billing has told me I shouldn't link a phone number to my account, online chat Help Desk that actually helps). Trying to add a phone number, step 4 of 4, the system is trying to send a SMS text to a Landline. I keep getting told it cannot be a VOIP phone, IT ISN'T. It is just an ordinary phone, it rings you pick it up and say Hello, No voice mail, no VOIP just an ordinary phone Landline so of course it doesn't accept texts. The "help (not) desk" people just send 1 response and literally within 1 minute close the submitted question AND WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS. I need some help, why should I earn points when I cannot redeem them???????????????

    Oh! it is so Good to read I am not the only one going through all of this to Redeem my points & I reply to you with all the same information I have been dealing with & after about 3+ weeks now I'm not sure what to do to redeem my points. I sent email to an old Bing rewards email & it came back today as a failure yet the one I sent last week or so went through. Quite interesting to all &/or any of this. Going Public with this for me today so microsoft & bing knows we are all not alone & they should be hiring better employees who do their job as is required to obtain the position. Thank you all so much for this & my internet illiterate to find this & post something. Take Care.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-02T00:42:17+00:00

    Hello, I have a somewhat different/same issue. Since August 30, 2023 I have been unable to redeem points. Before this time I simply got an email, clicked on a link and got my Microsoft Gift Card ( I have redeemed over 250,000 points this way). Now, they are insisting on calling me. There is an radial button for a phone call on a Landline. But, there is no phone number associated with my Microsoft Account (by the way Microsoft Accounts Billing has told me I shouldn't link a phone number to my account, online chat Help Desk that actually helps). Trying to add a phone number, step 4 of 4, the system is trying to send a SMS text to a Landline. I keep getting told it cannot be a VOIP phone, IT ISN'T. It is just an ordinary phone, it rings you pick it up and say Hello, No voice mail, no VOIP just an ordinary phone Landline so of course it doesn't accept texts. The "help (not) desk" people just send 1 response and literally within 1 minute close the submitted question AND WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS. I need some help, why should I earn points when I cannot redeem them???????????????

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments