Error redeeming reward with points ("There’s an issue with your account or order Please contact Microsoft Rewards customer support for assistance.")

Anonymous
2023-06-22T12:54:50+00:00

Hi,

I've an issue in that when trying to redeem reward points, it states the above. I'm not sure why this is. I have read that accounts can be suspended, but I've had this account for years and followed the t&C's.

Any advice?

Thanks

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-18T01:37:38+00:00

    Hello, I am not offended, Just that there is now no one still living nearby with a cell phone. Also I would feel really stupid to have to use someone else's cell phone for such an idiotic purpose. I received emails before (where I redeemed over 250,000 points before) with no issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-18T01:24:00+00:00

    Sorry Robert not to offend you in your communications....

    perhaps a friend, fellow co-worker, a neighbor, some one you golf with or something like that with a phone.

    I do apologize for that!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T19:31:32+00:00

    Using someone else's phone might work, if there was someone still living that had one and was not 100 miles away (also if I wanted to bother them over a $5.00 Microsoft Gift Card). In the mean time I will just chalk it up to a bad experience, and never trust Microsoft again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T18:15:25+00:00

    Hi Robert: How are you?

    you can use someone else's phone # for text, they can email you the text code & you can redeem your points (as I am still learning also).

    Are you bothering someone for a text Code message to their phone so you can & are able to redeem $5.00 for a Microsoft Gift card? (seems Microsoft is bothering us who use it).

    Oops! I gave comment reply to Ahmad, my computer did a Google update, then a Bing update, I put it to sleep Wednesday evening, got up yesterday Thursday & it does not turn on. Guess I must have teed off someone in Microsoft perhaps even Google for being Honest about how they do things, how they change things (I'm on someone else's laptop for their storage only got internet hooked up to help with emails & a package being delivered, other than that I have no more computer since I'm a bit ignorant about this technology & seems they have more control over my computer than I do regardless of Rewards Points.

    Remain Positive Robert there is a far Greater & Bigger hand of Control than the technology & He can shut them all off or even better-Have Faith!

    Take Care

    Keep Hope

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T16:34:48+00:00

    Using someone else's phone might work, if there was someone still living that had one and was not 100 miles away (also if I wanted to bother them over a $5.00 Microsoft Gift Card). In the mean time I will just chalk it up to a bad experience, and never trust Microsoft again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments