Why can't I gain search points for Microsoft Rewards anymore?

Anonymous
2023-12-14T14:12:19+00:00

Hello, I had a 30+ day streak where I did all of my searches in the Bing app and on my Xbox and it worked just fine even with the 5-6 second cooldown up until 3 days ago. Suddenly I wasn't able to get points for any searches at all no matter how much I tried so I lost my streak. Similarly, yesterday I could only gain 15-20 points every 15 minutes, but it was very inconsistent so I ended up not being able to finish getting my points leaving me several hundred behind. Today I can't get any search points at all again. Did I do something wrong? It feels like I've been banned or something.

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-22T10:17:53+00:00

    The points were the only reason I ever used bing. It's interface is atrocious - and now they're trying to force their "AI" search results and chatbot onto every search page. It's a mess.

    The points haven't worked for my search results in weeks - so I've stopped using Bing altogether.

    If they fix their points system, then I'll start using it again -but lately Bing has been a complete train wreck anyway- so I don't miss it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T23:33:24+00:00

    What cool down please explain because today there not counting towards anything at least yesterday i got a few today nothing is happening whatsoever it's driving me craazyy

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T23:28:32+00:00

    It's so bad at moment it's been horrendous for last 2 weeks most of the time it won't count what used to take 4-5 minites a day now takes pretty much all Day i sometimes can't get it past like 9 points having to restart Xbox ect. Oh well ps5 on horizon what they're doing is beyond belief

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. paulr0511 48,640 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-12-15T10:46:14+00:00

    My apologies on this and aside from your console, you can check and try to use a different browser on a PC and see if this will help out and download the Microsoft Rewards extension as well and if there will still be an issue then you can also submit a ticket via the link below to the rewards team for them to check on your account as to why this is happening as this is a user to user forum and therefore we do not have inside access to be able to cross check this from our end.

    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=823675

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T15:03:33+00:00

    Thank you for the response. I was aware of all of those changes, but this seems to be something different. I can't seem to earn points at all regardless of how long I wait. I tried waiting 2 hours today and still can't earn any search points on my phone or Xbox. I'm not sure why. I was enjoying the ability to gain points this way, but if I can't gain points then I don't really have a reason to continue using Bing. Any help is appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments