Why can't I gain search points for Microsoft Rewards anymore?

Anonymous
2023-12-14T14:12:19+00:00

Hello, I had a 30+ day streak where I did all of my searches in the Bing app and on my Xbox and it worked just fine even with the 5-6 second cooldown up until 3 days ago. Suddenly I wasn't able to get points for any searches at all no matter how much I tried so I lost my streak. Similarly, yesterday I could only gain 15-20 points every 15 minutes, but it was very inconsistent so I ended up not being able to finish getting my points leaving me several hundred behind. Today I can't get any search points at all again. Did I do something wrong? It feels like I've been banned or something.

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-17T14:47:00+00:00

    I can't get points from mobile period

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T10:44:31+00:00

    Them nerfing rewards was so stupid. Been on xbox from the beginning and some of their decisions is making me just not want to buy their product in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-01T16:56:28+00:00

    🤷‍♂️ All I know is, MS really has no idea what they are doing right now, it works for some, partial for others, and nothing for a lot.

    For me, I use chrome on my PC, I have a tab constantly open that, using bing search, searched for Xbox, it will show a bunch of search "buttons" (text with rounded corners). I click on one of the searches, I get 3 points, hit page refresh, click on another one, rise & repeat until I get 90 points. I will keep this tab open (close chrome but the tab is still there the next time I open it), and use the same tab the next day. This will work about 80% of the time, sometimes I need to refresh 2 or three times before it gives me the points. Point being... I find it works a lot better if you are searching for microsoft products. 🤔

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T17:46:18+00:00

    I've just tried doing a search and I've earned 9 points. I cannot earn any more

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T16:42:03+00:00

    It seems to be partially working again. In the web browser, just refresh the page before doing another search, it takes a bit longer, but you will get your 90 points, eventually... Point being, the "time out" for searches, has been removed.

    As for the Bing app, the searches are all working perfectly, and they have fixed the, "reading the news, app crash" issue.

    There is a slightly new bug, the puzzle piece, daily search, the one where you get 9 points every day, after a week, you get 100 points, after you "fill in" the whole puzzle, you get 1000 points, on my account, on my PC, both Chrome and Edge, and on my xbox, the puzzle tracker no longer shows up, but you still get the points. But again, on my sons account, it shows up for him. Why is the HTML that is sent down to the browser, different, depending on the account? I had the search problem, he did not, I don't see the puzzle tracker, he does. 🤷‍♂️

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments