Why can't I gain search points for Microsoft Rewards anymore?

Anonymous
2023-12-14T14:12:19+00:00

Hello, I had a 30+ day streak where I did all of my searches in the Bing app and on my Xbox and it worked just fine even with the 5-6 second cooldown up until 3 days ago. Suddenly I wasn't able to get points for any searches at all no matter how much I tried so I lost my streak. Similarly, yesterday I could only gain 15-20 points every 15 minutes, but it was very inconsistent so I ended up not being able to finish getting my points leaving me several hundred behind. Today I can't get any search points at all again. Did I do something wrong? It feels like I've been banned or something.

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T15:07:54+00:00

    I have the same problem from past month so I just gave up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T14:24:01+00:00

    Becoming a joke? Their products have ALWAYS been a joke. Every operating system released after Win98 have been a joke. And instead of Microsoft actually testing their products they rely on consumers to experience problems with their products and report the errors to be fixed. The same goes for their phones they tried to push out and the Xbox gaming consoles. Trash.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T14:16:21+00:00

    Unfortunately when you submit a support ticket for issues, you either get the run-a-round from Microsoft's "support" about the issue with no solution or you're ignored.

    As mentioned in a reply above, if no rewards points are going to rewarded for reading articles and searches then there's no reason for most people to use the app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T16:19:29+00:00

    I have noticed something unusual with collecting point. I am a points hunter, I use the xbox app on my phone and get those points every day, I use the rewards app on my xbox and get all those points, I use the Bing app on my phone and "try" to get those points (sometimes the searches work, and the reading the NEWS points have never worked, the app just crashes), then the daily/weekly/monthly game pass points. I "cash in" points for a free month of Game Pass Ultimate, every 12 days or so, I am "paid up" for Game pass for well over a year in advance, strictly by using Microsoft points.

    My son on the other hand, is a casual points collector, and cashes in points every once in a while for a free month of Game Pass. For him, there is no cool down period, he can collect the 90 points for doing searches every day, all in one go!

    Are they throdeling the points collections and using cool down periods, for people that cash in points too quickly?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments