Why can't I gain search points for Microsoft Rewards anymore?

Anonymous
2023-12-14T14:12:19+00:00

Hello, I had a 30+ day streak where I did all of my searches in the Bing app and on my Xbox and it worked just fine even with the 5-6 second cooldown up until 3 days ago. Suddenly I wasn't able to get points for any searches at all no matter how much I tried so I lost my streak. Similarly, yesterday I could only gain 15-20 points every 15 minutes, but it was very inconsistent so I ended up not being able to finish getting my points leaving me several hundred behind. Today I can't get any search points at all again. Did I do something wrong? It feels like I've been banned or something.

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T23:33:24+00:00

    What cool down please explain because today there not counting towards anything at least yesterday i got a few today nothing is happening whatsoever it's driving me craazyy

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-01T19:43:37+00:00

    I'm having the exact same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-26T21:58:49+00:00

    I stopped wasting my time doing any searches because I wouldn't earn any points. I would do 4 to 5 searches and then check to see if I got my 15 points, only to find out that I got ZERO POINTS. I only do the daily set and the 1 or 2 points below. Its just to big of a hassle to get points from Microsoft Rewards. I only have 90 some days to go to get my one year daily set badge and then I'm going to stop logging into Microsoft Rewards. I STOPPED donating because it says that I haven't donated anything, but here is a screen shot. I donated more than this screen shot, but if the counting starts over

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. paulr0511 48,640 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-12-14T14:45:28+00:00

    Good day Rory, thanks for your question. I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. Are you not earning after sometime after doing the search and the activities for MS Rewards or there is no points given at all? This is most likely due to the recent changes for Microsoft Rewards which includes earning points including the cooldown system which affects activities as well.

    https://www.pcworld.com/article/2160414/microso...

    https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/mi...

    https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/mi...

    ___________________________________________________________

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    ___________________________________________________________

    Regards,

    Paul R.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T17:04:42+00:00

    I have the same problem. Contacted MSN who are slow to respond and their replies useless.

    MSN have declined as they concentrate on AI and their Ad Agency business

    I tried posting on the site and nothing comes up

    Best

    Dave

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments