How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-19T21:51:24+00:00

    You will need The surface dock and to hdmi mini to drive cords then a USB b adapter to hdmi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T09:20:36+00:00

    I did the same 2 monitors connected through my dock are working. but when i connect 3rd monitor directly to my laptop, i dont get any signal or it doesnt work

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-23T21:43:41+00:00

    If I used an additional USB to external video card adapter, would it be possible to add the fourth monitor?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-27T16:00:12+00:00

    It supports 3 monitors only including Surface's monitor.

    If you want to use the fourth monitor, you can buy windows wireless wifi adapter:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/use-the-microsoft-wireless-display-adapter-e3c36815-74b2-b6fb-f09a-923ef28fd5fb

    Connect the fourth monitor through wifi.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-21T15:34:25+00:00

    Which USB Video Cards did you use? Looking to just ensure compatibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments