How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T22:00:45+00:00

    The third monitor should use wireless display adopter:

    https://www.microsoftestore.com.hk/partner/product/MS-4K-Wireless-Display-Adapter?locale=en\_HK

    But monitor is 30 Hz refresh rate only. (The color is not the same)

    Or try this one 

    https://www.microsoftestore.com.hk/partner/product/wireless-display-adapter-new?locale=en\_HK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T04:13:19+00:00

    I can connect my surface pro 7 i7 16 gig memory to 3 other monitors. using my docking station for 2 monitors and a usb 3 to vga from my 3 monitor. however the vga monitor has some major mouse lag. any ideas on how to fix the mouse lag?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T05:48:02+00:00

    Did you plug the usb mouse directly into suface?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T17:00:18+00:00

    Did you plug the usb mouse directly into suface?

    yes I am using the USB 3.0 interface.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-19T16:55:51+00:00

    im trying to do this now im curious do you think me connecting directly to the surface with a USB-C to HDMI would work im trying to connect 2 (32in) 4k monitors & my 55 in tv as a 3rd monitor to view blue prints on

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments