How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T18:21:55+00:00

    Just in case anyone is wondering re. the Surface Go 2.  I have the original Dock (1) and have two 1920 x 1200 monitors connected to that via HDMI adapters and can use a 3rd (1920 x 1200) monitor via a USB-C to HDMI adapter directly connected to the Surface.  As expected in this configuration the Surface display cannot be used.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T19:08:46+00:00

    Hi Helthy65,

    Thanks for that... I was wondering if I could have three external monitors as well as the Surface, but if I lose the Surface when I plug in the 3rd monitor direct to the Surface, there is probably not much point. I have the Surface dock 2 but I suspect the configuration will be the same so I'll just stick to the two externals and the Surface.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-23T18:25:24+00:00

    I have plugged in a third display using a USB-C to HDMI. I am ok not using the surface display, but cant seem to get all 3 external displays working. Is there something that needs changed in the settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-07T00:28:35+00:00

    Crest_Z,

    Please stop misleading people to believe that the Surface will not support 3 monitors. I like many others below have had success setting up three monitors with absolutely no issues. My current setup includes two 32" monitors via HDMI (Docking Station) and a third 32" monitor via Mini Display Port to Display Port. Works like a charm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments