How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T10:41:33+00:00

    Hi Crest_Z

    Please clarify this as i am using a dock to power two monitors, and today plugged a USB-C to HDMi direct from my Surface Pro 7 to the 3rd monitor and it doesn't work.

    Thanks

    Coe

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-24T21:53:43+00:00

    You could get a wireless HDMI adapter and connect to that. I have 2 24 inch monitors at 1920x1200 off the dock snd connect to my 27” at 1920x1080 wirelessly off a Surface pro 6. And i have the surface itself. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-02T17:59:56+00:00

    Which wireless HDMI adaptor did you use? I have not had much luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T18:28:36+00:00

    I can confirm this configuration works with my Surface Book 2, however I have to reconfigure all my displays (order, orientation, and enable) every time I undock/dock or restart the laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T23:00:07+00:00

    I tried 2, the Microsoft one was fuzzy. I tried a Netgear PTV3000 and that works much better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments