As you can see in the image below - 2 of my displays are connected to the Surface Dock and a further display is connected via the VGA display port adapter directly from my surface.
How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?
I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this?
As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.
Help!
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-08-25T15:39:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-08-25T15:34:45+00:00 Hi all of my 3 displays are showing independent content, I am extending not duplicating.
My Surface Docking Station (dock) has ports to connect displays, in addition to the dock I have a port on the Surface device itself (located on the top right hand side above the USB port), known as the mini-displayport connector - I have a number of adaptor, which extend this port to HDMI or VGA.
-
Anonymous
2020-08-25T15:30:23+00:00 I havent tried that connecting it via a 3rd HDMI but will test it out and post the outcome here.
-
Anonymous
2020-08-25T01:24:10+00:00 Just re-read your post... do you mean "docking station" when you say "dock"?
I thought you mean port (as in the two ports directly on the surface pro). Please correct me if I am wrong.
-
Anonymous
2020-08-25T01:22:10+00:00 Hi,
Can you give a bit more detail?
Do you second and third screens show different items, or do they just replicate each other?
And what is the mini-display port adaptor? I've only got a HDMI port and a USB c.
I bought a mini-hub to take the USB C feed and split it into HDMI for one external monitor and RGB for a second external monitor, but it just replicates the image on both screens (but its different to the laptop screen.)
Ideally, I like to have three completely independent monitors. Did you do this?
Thanks in advance.