Which wireless HDMI adaptor did you use? I have not had much luck.
How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?
I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this?
As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.
Help!
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-10-02T17:59:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-09-08T10:41:33+00:00 Hi Crest_Z
Please clarify this as i am using a dock to power two monitors, and today plugged a USB-C to HDMi direct from my Surface Pro 7 to the 3rd monitor and it doesn't work.
Thanks
Coe
-
Anonymous
2020-09-08T10:38:09+00:00 Hi Bobbi
Please clarify that your Surface Pro is a 6 not a 7 right?
The Surface Pro 7 replaces the 6 Mini Display Port with a USB-C port.
Currently I am using a Surface Pro 7 with 2 monitors connected to the Microsoft Dock using HDMI to Mini DP cables.
Today i have tried connecting a 3rd Monitor using USB-C to HDMI and i am unable to get it working.
Does anyone know how to get a 3rd monitor to the Surface Pro 7.
Thanks
-
Anonymous
2020-08-25T21:41:08+00:00 Hi Bobby,
That makes sense... I think we have the same ports on the Surface... one USB A and one USB C... I bought a simple splitter to take the feed from the USB C and split it into an RGB and a HDMI feed, but its the same duplicated image.
I can see what you have done. It seems I need the Surface Dock to get the extra two screens out. Can you tell me what Dock it is? is there a model number?
Also, do you use the Surface screen at the same time as well? Or three completely separate external monitors? Which would make 4 screens if you counted the Surface as well?
Thanks very much. You have been very helpful.
Regards
Willem