How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-17T14:33:19+00:00

    Very helpful. Can you confirm you are extending to all 4 displays and not mirroring on any of them using the wireless HDMI adapter? I can get 3 external monitors but not the Surface (pro 6) which I didn't think was an issue until I realized none of my monitors have sound. I would prefer my setup to look exactly like yours with the surface in the middle as long as each of the 4 screens works independently and doesn't just replicate another display.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-14T00:29:01+00:00

    I am using 2 monitors (plus a surface laptop 3) connected to the dock via HDMI Cable plus Mini Display port dongles.Windows does not recognize the 2nd monitor at all.  And when both monitors are plugged into the dock, neither are detected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T23:02:31+00:00

    I can confirm this configuration works with my Surface Book 2, however I have to reconfigure all my displays (order, orientation, and enable) every time I undock/dock or restart the laptop.

    I believe I had that issue with my setup only if i connect to the wireless before plugging into the dock.  When i plug back in first, the two side monitors are in the right orientation then i just connect to the wireless adapter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T23:00:07+00:00

    I tried 2, the Microsoft one was fuzzy. I tried a Netgear PTV3000 and that works much better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T18:28:36+00:00

    I can confirm this configuration works with my Surface Book 2, however I have to reconfigure all my displays (order, orientation, and enable) every time I undock/dock or restart the laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments