How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-18T02:13:09+00:00

    I have 5 Monitors with Surface 5, Dock2 - 2 USB HDMI - 2 USB's Video Cards on Dock on standard USB, one on Mini HDM - Display Port it is possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T10:27:00+00:00

    Thats very cool.. thank you very much. I have the docking station, but need the wireless display.. only $50 so will buy one.

    Thanks again.

    Will

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T03:34:43+00:00

    Hey WendyMiller23!  I connect 3 external monitors and continue to use the Surface Pro display almost every day!

    I have a plug type dock that supports all 3 external monitors + the Surface display.

    How I accomplish this is through 2 mini display to HDMI cords from my plug type dock and a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.  All connect and work as extended desktops, no duplicates. 

    It's worked for my Surface Pro 4 i5 & my current model, Pro 5 i5, so I can't see why it wouldn't work for the Pro 7!

    (Pictured below:  All 4 screens working as extend.  The other monitors only looks unnaturally large because of the high res of the Surface, with lower res monitors while showing the same window in ALL at the same time.  This does not have this effect when a window is only displaying on one monitor at a time.)

    I hope this helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-07T00:28:35+00:00

    Crest_Z,

    Please stop misleading people to believe that the Surface will not support 3 monitors. I like many others below have had success setting up three monitors with absolutely no issues. My current setup includes two 32" monitors via HDMI (Docking Station) and a third 32" monitor via Mini Display Port to Display Port. Works like a charm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-23T18:25:24+00:00

    I have plugged in a third display using a USB-C to HDMI. I am ok not using the surface display, but cant seem to get all 3 external displays working. Is there something that needs changed in the settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments