How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T10:38:09+00:00

    Hi Bobbi

    Please clarify that your Surface Pro is a 6 not a 7 right?

    The Surface Pro 7 replaces the 6 Mini Display Port with a USB-C port.

    Currently I am using a Surface Pro 7 with 2 monitors connected to the Microsoft Dock using HDMI to Mini DP cables.

    Today i have tried connecting a 3rd Monitor using USB-C to HDMI and i am unable to get it working.

    Does anyone know how to get a 3rd monitor to the Surface Pro 7.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T16:59:02+00:00

    Hello,

    (Quad screen: i.e. 4 externals + tablet screen) I've a Surface Pro 7 / 7i / 64 - system and have found a connecter that works. NOTE - Driver must first be installed (I was so excited I didn't read those instructions,... Good news my tablet was still new so i just did a factory reset). I found a 4 to 1 (4 HDMI to 1 USB C on Amazon. Made by: J5 create/ model = (JCA366) - Amazon.com: j5create USB-C to 4 Port HDMI Adapter Hub- Multi Monitor Splitter - Support 4 1080p 60Hz Displays - Compatible with Type-C MacBook and Windows Laptop (JCA366) : Electronics . ... and yes the 'J5 Create'(JCA366) does work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-25T01:22:10+00:00

    Hi,

    Can you give a bit more detail?

    Do you second and third screens show different items, or do they just replicate each other? 

    And what is the mini-display port adaptor? I've only got a HDMI port and a USB c. 

    I bought a mini-hub to take the USB C feed and split it into HDMI for one external monitor and RGB for a second external monitor, but it just replicates the image on both screens (but its different to the laptop screen.)

     Ideally, I like to have three completely independent monitors. Did you do this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T18:21:55+00:00

    Just in case anyone is wondering re. the Surface Go 2.  I have the original Dock (1) and have two 1920 x 1200 monitors connected to that via HDMI adapters and can use a 3rd (1920 x 1200) monitor via a USB-C to HDMI adapter directly connected to the Surface.  As expected in this configuration the Surface display cannot be used.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T23:00:07+00:00

    I tried 2, the Microsoft one was fuzzy. I tried a Netgear PTV3000 and that works much better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments