How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-23T12:31:44+00:00

    Question. I've a Surface Laptop 3 Model VAC-00022. I've a Surface Dock 2 that displays 2 external monitors correctly. I'm hoping to use the USB-C from the laptop itself to display a 3rd monitor. I tried buying a USB-C to HDMI cable but that doesn't work. That probably doesn't work because the other 2 monitors are USB-C to HDMI from the Surface Dock 2 itself.

    Does anyone know how to get a 3rd external monitor, so a total of 4 screens (with the laptop screen working as well)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-21T15:34:25+00:00

    Which USB Video Cards did you use? Looking to just ensure compatibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-27T16:00:12+00:00

    It supports 3 monitors only including Surface's monitor.

    If you want to use the fourth monitor, you can buy windows wireless wifi adapter:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/use-the-microsoft-wireless-display-adapter-e3c36815-74b2-b6fb-f09a-923ef28fd5fb

    Connect the fourth monitor through wifi.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments