How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-03T08:25:00+00:00

    Actually I have successfully connected my SurfacePro with 3 monitors using the surface dock.

    2 of my monitors are connected using HDMI via the dock & the 3rd is connected directly to my SurfacePro using the mini-displayport to VGA adapter. 

    I'm restricted to enabling a 4th via my SurfacePro itself. It disables one of my monitors when I enable the SurfacePro as monitor via the display settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-25T15:39:37+00:00

    As you can see in the image below - 2 of my displays are connected to the Surface Dock and a further display is connected via the VGA display port adapter directly from my surface.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-12T03:31:05+00:00

    Hi WendyMiller23,

    Thank you for reaching out Microsoft Community. 

    You can only extend your Surface display using the Surface dock to 2 external monitors and connecting the 3rd monitor directly to the Surface device using an adapter will not work at the same time simply because the Surface device processor can only support 2 monitors at a time. You can only use the 3rd monitor if you are to daisy chain it to other monitor that is connected to the dock but daisy chaining is just simply letting you replicate the display of the monitor where it is connected to.

    If this answers your question, feel free to mark this post as an answer. Otherwise, don't hesitate to respond to this thread if there's anything else that needs to be addressed.

    Kind Regards,

    Crest_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-24T21:53:43+00:00

    You could get a wireless HDMI adapter and connect to that. I have 2 24 inch monitors at 1920x1200 off the dock snd connect to my 27” at 1920x1080 wirelessly off a Surface pro 6. And i have the surface itself. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-25T15:34:45+00:00

    Hi all of my 3 displays are showing independent content, I am extending not duplicating. 

    My Surface Docking Station (dock) has ports to connect displays, in addition to the dock I have a port on the Surface device itself (located on the top right hand side above the USB port), known as the mini-displayport connector - I have a number of adaptor, which extend this port to HDMI or VGA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments