duo goes black

Anonymous
2021-05-01T19:27:22+00:00

Can anyone figure out why one screen on my Duo Phone goes black periodically, seemed to happen after last update? Only way to get it back is to turn phone on and off!

Surface | Surface Duo | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-12T19:32:08+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for your answer.

    So you're advice would be to return while I still can?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-12T22:03:03+00:00

    Yes. MS is aware of the issue. I had no problems getting a replacement through MS Support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-13T18:27:55+00:00

    Yes. MS is aware of the issue. I had no problems getting a replacement through MS Support.

    Is it a hardware issue? I thought it was software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-13T20:29:31+00:00

    Hi,

    To me that looks like the hinges are sending a signal that the device is used in "fully open" mode.

    So it could be either hardware or software. But most probably hardware.

    I am under the impression that the hinges can get some "dirt" (like a little dust or something) that may cause interferences. I've noticed that mine were full of that dust from your pockets and that it happend really often then.
    Cleansed those and it seems to solve (or at least reduce significantly).

    Still, that doesn't solve another major problem that arose : the fact that you can't really play some games. But that will be another thread.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-13T20:37:16+00:00

    Well my warranty ends in October so I better get mine sent in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments