Updates installed. Still happening .
duo goes black
Can anyone figure out why one screen on my Duo Phone goes black periodically, seemed to happen after last update? Only way to get it back is to turn phone on and off!
Surface | Surface Duo | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-06-18T23:30:13+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-06-20T10:30:28+00:00 It happens to me very randomly. I'll be laying on my bed looking at my phone with both screens facing me in book mode and one side suddenly turns off. Sometimes there's the option to double tap the screen to turn it back on, but sometimes it just goes black for a while and turns back on a few minutes later. Sometimes, I only have one screen facing me while I'm laying on my bed and it suddenly turns off while I'm looking at it. I just turn the phone around and continue what I'm doing on the other screen, but it's still annoying. And, yes, this started happening after the update. It never happened before that. I also have the most recent update. One time, one of the screens went black and wouldn't turn back on after many minutes. I had to restart my phone to get the screen to operate again.
-
Anonymous
2021-06-20T11:43:34+00:00 That's pretty much my symptoms too. Easy to fix, but yea, annoying, especially since it's been around since April update. Patience is a virtue, but ugh.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-11T08:26:52+00:00 Hi,
Would like to add myself to the list of people that are plagued with this issue.
I bought the device from MS Store directly and of course they offer money back guarantee just in case and I still have time to do that.
The Surface is brand new. The system has been full upgraded.
Still I have that problem. I can't say if it happened before the update as I did not have the phone at that time.
It is really annoying : there are things you CAN NOT forgive a phone when you buy it for 1500$ (lack of 5G, no Wi-Fi 6, no NFC, subpar camera...) but that you can forgive whern you pay half the price for that.
But then again, we're still talking about 800 dollars, and even then, those glitches are the one that make it difficult to justify the price you pay for a device, when there are less "Woah..." alternatives, but that are working smoothly.
I really hope that Microsoft will release the Android 11 update SOON, as it looks like Android 11 has support for multiple displays... which may be the answer to our problems :-)
Regards.
FRED
-
Anonymous
2021-09-12T19:13:44+00:00 At this point I've given up. It's been almost 5 months now and I don't even think the Microsoft has ever even acknowledged the bug, they certainly haven't fixed it.