duo goes black

Anonymous
2021-05-01T19:27:22+00:00

Can anyone figure out why one screen on my Duo Phone goes black periodically, seemed to happen after last update? Only way to get it back is to turn phone on and off!

Surface | Surface Duo | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-06T22:51:11+00:00

    In my case it's always been in left/right mode.  The time it happened when reading, it happened after about an hour.  In the case when I was using it in the car, I had it open and using it for about 10 minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-06T17:49:12+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for reporting this.  How long were you using the device when this occurred and also which mode were you using the device in? As in top/bottom or left/right??  Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-06T17:49:06+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for reporting this.  How long were you using the device when this occurred and also which mode were you using the device in? As in top/bottom or left/right??  Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-05T15:12:00+00:00

    Same here after April update. I could be doing nothing and one screen just goes black. Sometimes if I move hinged screens they may come back but mostly have to lock, unlock or restart the whole thing to get a screen back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-04T21:48:49+00:00

    Same thing has been happening to me.  Happened to me when I was using my Duo as an ebook reader and then a couple of times in the car when I had it up on my phone mount with both screens open.  Same issue that others have said, I get a double tap to switch screens message and then one screen goes black.  Closing/opening the duo seems to fix it but it's still annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments