duo goes black

Anonymous
2021-05-01T19:27:22+00:00

Can anyone figure out why one screen on my Duo Phone goes black periodically, seemed to happen after last update? Only way to get it back is to turn phone on and off!

Surface | Surface Duo | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-15T19:03:06+00:00

    It is happening to me as I try to type this message. Irony. It is very frustrating. Same issue became worse and worse on the Duo 1. Now the Duo 2 has the same problem.

    After blacking out…. occasionally, it is now dead 2 months after warranty. Glad to get another phone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-27T02:44:20+00:00

    Thank you for sharing that. I is sad that these bugs are not being addressed quickly. They're not going to have much luck selling a 3rd generation with all the word of mouth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T18:30:04+00:00

    Well. I've seen responses from moderators on here and what seems like representatives for Microsoft. But, in terms of whether or not they really care, I haven't gotten the sense that they're committed to fixing the problems affecting this phone. Nothing has changed in the entire time I've owned this phone, except that my visual voicemail suddenly started working recently and even shows a transcription of the voice message. So, it's nice to finally have visual voicemail, but that's too little too late. I've read that people on here call in about whatever problem with their phone and Microsoft replaces the phone with another one. But, I've also read that people with new phones continue to have these glitches, so what's the point of replacing the phone if they never fix the problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T17:40:31+00:00

    Do you think Microsoft even reads the community inputs?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments