Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:35:42+00:00

I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-14T10:43:06+00:00

    I also had recurrent loss of wifi connection. I noticed that my surface also recognized multiple other networks from our neighbors with auto connect being switched on. So I did hide these wifi networks following instructions given in 

    How to Hide Other WiFi Networks When Connecting with Your Computer (helpdeskgeek.com) 

    Problem seems to be solved on my side !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-29T00:18:22+00:00

    I've had the issue with my Surface Laptop 3 for more than 1 year. Wifi would drop several times a day while my HP Elitebook sitting right next to it wouldn't have any issues. Tried everything I could find on this forum, but issue only went away after I recently upgraded my Wifi Access point which now supports Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax). Haven't had a single drop for 1 month now. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-01T18:41:27+00:00

    My Microsoft Surface 3 laptop is also about 9- 10 months old and I'm now having the same issue with it dropping connectivity.  I don't have the issue with my older laptop.  I think this might be a Microsoft Surface issue and it might have started on the last update because it never happened before.  Is this being worked out ?

    I hope they fix this soon.  Right now I am very disappointed with my Surface computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-02T09:21:48+00:00

    Same...Everything is up to date

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-10T23:05:56+00:00

    I just wanted to drop a note for those who have the AMD variant. It currently appears to be resolved for me after updating the WiFi card drivers. I have had been dealing with constant drops at certain locations (possibly WiFi configuration related), but in many cases I had no control over the WiFi at those locations. Microsoft is not releasing updates anywhere near as often as they are for the Intel variant., and an updated driver was not available through their official site for updates for surface. However, I was able to get updated drivers for the Qualcomm WiFi card (in the AMD system) by using Driver Easy. After updating the Qualcomm card drivers (now at ver 12.0.0.1016), I have no longer had the trouble with WiFi dropping.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments