Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:35:42+00:00

I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-23T03:02:58+00:00

    Alessandro

    Ill try that thanks,

    absolutley love my Surface though I will not be getting another, besides the drop out issues It has crashed twice and had to have a total re install of all software costing me loads of lost material and time, whern its working its great but the downtime has cost me to much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-23T14:36:41+00:00

    Hi i was facing same problem then i found by turning off firewall for private network resolve the issue you can also try it if that works for you.

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-09T01:05:18+00:00

    I too was experiencing several drop wifi connections and in recent weeks suspected my router and did a number of f/w updates to no avail. I came across the below link on the Microsoft Support site and after having downloading these drivers for my surface laptop 3 and installing them, the problem seems to have been corrected. I also disabled auto update from the intel driver utility which I suspect is where the problem originated. It is possible that by installing non-approved/tested intel drivers by Microsoft it is what caused the issue. Got my sanity back!

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/download-drivers-and-firmware-for-surface-09bb2e09-2a4b-cb69-0951-078a7739e120

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-09T09:46:13+00:00

    I will give it a go. Although the problem seems to have settled somewhat. Thanks 😊

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-09T13:32:34+00:00

    After having loaded the Microsoft drivers, I see more stability with the 2.4GHz WIFI than I do with the 5GHz WIFI radio. That is not an acceptable solution from my vantage point as we pay for and should expect 5GHz connectivity. Possibly points to a deeper issue with the WIFI radio hardware Microsoft chose for this laptop. Will continue to monitor before I contact Microsoft and determine next steps! I didn't have these issues when I first received my laptop so its definitely software/driver related.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments