Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:35:42+00:00

I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-22T14:06:46+00:00

    My connection drops 5 to 10 times a day.  I just bought my computer two weeks ago and work online.  May have to return after reading this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-10T22:47:46+00:00

    I have AMD Ryzen. I don't suppose Intel assistant would do me any good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T08:15:14+00:00

    Read my story here: https://instagram.com/why\_dont\_buy\_surface?igshid=1bu1zfky6lxbc

    I have the same problem with the second replacement laptop (my 4th try at Surface)! very very disappointed!! Please share your story we should inform others. I'm a student and I spent all my savings on this laptop!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T02:57:13+00:00

    When I bought my surface I thought got to be one of the best to buy, how wrong was I, its terrible it drops out multiple times a day, cant find networks, it freezes I have had to re install windows multiple times lost all my data and work, customer services are awful and no help, I have tried absolutley everything, it is so bad I dare not use it for conferencing I use a 14 yrs old HP instead, no way will I but another Microsoft product.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-22T07:18:40+00:00

    Hi, I had the same issue, which I have solved with a workaround. I have a dual band modem (2.4 and 5 GHz) but I have noticed that the laptop never connects at 5 GHz. Thus I have changed the name of the 5Ghz band and forced the laptop to connect to either  band only. Now the connection is stable on both bands. I believe that the disconnections were due to the inability of the computer to change band automatically.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments