Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:35:42+00:00

I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T17:00:40+00:00

    The problem I have seems on any access point

    I have tplink TL-R600VPN

    doing the main routing and various access points

    1- tplink eap 245

    2- ubiquity nano station m3

    3- several linksys (Cisco) e2500 (configured as an access points with dhcp server off)

    and use the laptop on the road a lot.

    Lots of devices on the wireless network with no problem (laptops, tablets, phones, printers, other misc devices for home automation, the only device that has the issue is the spanky new surface laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-05T22:12:43+00:00

    I was having the same issue.  My work laptop never dropped from virtual meetings but my Surface 3 would disconnect 2-3 times per meeting (Zoom/Teams).  Most of the time, I had to restart my Surface just to get it to reconnect.

    I went through four different tech support people who tried everything to fix the problem, but nothing worked.  It's likely a hardware issue so I am in the process of getting a replacement laptop.  Fortunately, mine was still under warranty.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-05T22:20:03+00:00

    I just got a replacement surface laptop 3, i was in the 30 day purchase guarantee window. I have been hardwired now most of the time but it has already dropped wifi once, when I wasn't hardwired. The worst part is you HAVE to reboot to get back online.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-05T22:29:58+00:00

    Yup! Had mine for 6 months now, I have done 3 driver updates for the wifi network adapter, same result. You can run troubleshoot connection and that will make it start working again without rebooting. It will then work for several hours to several days then it will stop working again. Very frustrating being I paid a premium for a premium device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-13T16:17:15+00:00

    Same here, this is clearly an issue, microsoft has to fix.

    Ever since buying the most expensive build of surface laptop 3 in february we are facing this issue with broken wlan connection multiple times a day, while all other devices and the laptop just beside the surface3 work fine.

    Today it frustrated us again during a distance learning lecture and i was looking again for solution, and i am surprised to find so many people and posts,  all reporting the same issue.

    I had allready installed intel drivers in february(it was different from the one ms offered at that time) and it seemed better, but this clearly DID NOT FIX IT.

    So whether its hardware or software related, this has to be fixed by microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments