Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:35:42+00:00

I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-21T18:38:22+00:00

    Yes that is disappointing! It's even more disappointing for me when I have my org purchase 15+ Surfaces and we have to return them all. 4/15 of them had defective hardware and I believe all of them have issues staying connected to wifi, unable to video conference on MS Teams / Zoom / Webex , constant disconnects with VPN.... I could go on... but these should be recalled

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-21T19:01:20+00:00

    I feel you, I am in Bermuda so I have spent a lot of money in shipping and 25% duty on the purchase price , shipping it back from here is not even an option, I am pretty much stuck with it. And its way too light to be a good boat anchor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T14:11:33+00:00

    New diver was better but still does it, just not as often. 

    I traced the problem down to a router setting for multiple access points. As I don't use multiple access points, I just disabled the setting.

    On my ASUS wifi router, it's called 'Fast Roaming'. If it's enabled, just disable it (for me, it was a Marwell Avastar Wireless AC adapter so this may not be applicable to Intel based wifi adapters). The symptom was that it connected to wifi, got an IP address, but showed 'No Internet'.

    Hi,

    I tried finding my router in settings, but it is only listed there. There is no option to modify it at all. How do I do what you did above? I have a Verizon ActionTec Router. Please help.

    I have an AMD processor so downloading the Intel driver did not help at all.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T14:24:26+00:00

    I have no router settings like that, drops connectivity on various wireless networks, remains connected to wifi but can't find the gateway, hit network repair (win 10) then works again for a few days. Frustrating

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T16:16:44+00:00

    So I 've been working with a Surface Pro 6 and found the following:

    1/ The problem for me only shows on a wifi6 compatible router.

    2/ If I reboot the router, it seems to fix the issue.

    The issue in question is: No Internet i.e. my Surface Pro connects to wifi but it shows a 'no internet' message.

    When I connect to an older router (one that supports 802.11ac), I don't seem to see the problem.

    Do you have a new wifi6 (802.11ax) router?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments