Microsoft, get on it! This is happening to my Surface Laptop 3 as well. I don't know if it's just over WiFi 6 or not.
However, the Surface Pro 6 and 7 have no issues. I'll be trying the Intel driver update tomorrow. Thanks for the tips above!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Microsoft, get on it! This is happening to my Surface Laptop 3 as well. I don't know if it's just over WiFi 6 or not.
However, the Surface Pro 6 and 7 have no issues. I'll be trying the Intel driver update tomorrow. Thanks for the tips above!
New diver was better but still does it, just not as often.
New diver was better but still does it, just not as often.
I traced the problem down to a router setting for multiple access points. As I don't use multiple access points, I just disabled the setting.
On my ASUS wifi router, it's called 'Fast Roaming'. If it's enabled, just disable it (for me, it was a Marwell Avastar Wireless AC adapter so this may not be applicable to Intel based wifi adapters).)
The symptom was that it connected to wifi, got an IP address, but showed 'No Internet'.
We are returning all of the SF3's we purchased at my workplace, more than just wifi dropping issues, they freeze up. I also have a user with a Surface Book 2 that drops wifi when conferencing. Ridiculous.
Mine still stops at least once a day. wifi shows connected but no internet connectivity untill I hit repair then it starts working again. Other devices on same wifi are fine. ip status looks fine, tried setting it to a fixed ip and forced gateway, same problem. Very disappointing after paying big bucks expecting a quality product.