New diver was better but still does it, just not as often.
Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal
I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.
Surface | Surface Laptop | Network
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-07-03T12:15:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-07-03T06:32:10+00:00 Microsoft, get on it! This is happening to my Surface Laptop 3 as well. I don't know if it's just over WiFi 6 or not.
However, the Surface Pro 6 and 7 have no issues. I'll be trying the Intel driver update tomorrow. Thanks for the tips above!
-
Anonymous
2020-06-27T16:01:00+00:00 I have unfortunately purchased this new, expensive SB 3 and am now wasting all of my time with this poor-performing WIFI connection. I have already tried everything that has been suggested and have also done a factory reset. The WIFI does not disconnect completely, but it oscillates from good to very poor, to the point that I get disconnected or can't see or hear anything in a zoom call, for example.
If there isn't a solution for this, then what would forum members suggest that I do?
-
Anonymous
2020-06-18T16:40:00+00:00 Give this a try. It seems to have fixed my problem. On Intel's website, there is a driver download tool that does a scan of your system and automatically does driver updates. One of those updates was to update the firmware and card that I believe is the culprit. I did this about a week ago and the updates seem to have corrected any issues. ie, I don't open my surface from sleep and then have to manually reconnect and no signal drops since either.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
I had a number of updates that Microsoft has yet to push out.
This worked for me! My Internet Speed Test results went from something like 40mbps to 200mbps, far more aligned with my gigabit speed. Thank you so much for posting this!
-
Anonymous
2020-06-12T10:38:45+00:00 Thought it seemed better but, no, it is still doing it, remains connected to the access points but no local or internet connectivity. Very random, once a day at least, force disconnect and re connect to the access point and it gets valid ip info from dhcp server and it is good again for approx 6 hours then drops again