I feel you, I am in Bermuda so I have spent a lot of money in shipping and 25% duty on the purchase price , shipping it back from here is not even an option, I am pretty much stuck with it. And its way too light to be a good boat anchor.
Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal
I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.
Surface | Surface Laptop | Network
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-08-21T19:01:20+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-08-21T18:38:22+00:00 Yes that is disappointing! It's even more disappointing for me when I have my org purchase 15+ Surfaces and we have to return them all. 4/15 of them had defective hardware and I believe all of them have issues staying connected to wifi, unable to video conference on MS Teams / Zoom / Webex , constant disconnects with VPN.... I could go on... but these should be recalled
-
Anonymous
2020-08-21T17:46:42+00:00 Mine still stops at least once a day. wifi shows connected but no internet connectivity untill I hit repair then it starts working again. Other devices on same wifi are fine. ip status looks fine, tried setting it to a fixed ip and forced gateway, same problem. Very disappointing after paying big bucks expecting a quality product.
-
Anonymous
2020-08-21T04:39:38+00:00 We are returning all of the SF3's we purchased at my workplace, more than just wifi dropping issues, they freeze up. I also have a user with a Surface Book 2 that drops wifi when conferencing. Ridiculous.
-
Anonymous
2020-07-05T08:55:17+00:00 New diver was better but still does it, just not as often.
I traced the problem down to a router setting for multiple access points. As I don't use multiple access points, I just disabled the setting.
On my ASUS wifi router, it's called 'Fast Roaming'. If it's enabled, just disable it (for me, it was a Marwell Avastar Wireless AC adapter so this may not be applicable to Intel based wifi adapters).)
The symptom was that it connected to wifi, got an IP address, but showed 'No Internet'.