Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:35:42+00:00

I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-05T22:12:43+00:00

    I was having the same issue.  My work laptop never dropped from virtual meetings but my Surface 3 would disconnect 2-3 times per meeting (Zoom/Teams).  Most of the time, I had to restart my Surface just to get it to reconnect.

    I went through four different tech support people who tried everything to fix the problem, but nothing worked.  It's likely a hardware issue so I am in the process of getting a replacement laptop.  Fortunately, mine was still under warranty.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T17:00:40+00:00

    The problem I have seems on any access point

    I have tplink TL-R600VPN

    doing the main routing and various access points

    1- tplink eap 245

    2- ubiquity nano station m3

    3- several linksys (Cisco) e2500 (configured as an access points with dhcp server off)

    and use the laptop on the road a lot.

    Lots of devices on the wireless network with no problem (laptops, tablets, phones, printers, other misc devices for home automation, the only device that has the issue is the spanky new surface laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T16:16:44+00:00

    So I 've been working with a Surface Pro 6 and found the following:

    1/ The problem for me only shows on a wifi6 compatible router.

    2/ If I reboot the router, it seems to fix the issue.

    The issue in question is: No Internet i.e. my Surface Pro connects to wifi but it shows a 'no internet' message.

    When I connect to an older router (one that supports 802.11ac), I don't seem to see the problem.

    Do you have a new wifi6 (802.11ax) router?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T14:24:26+00:00

    I have no router settings like that, drops connectivity on various wireless networks, remains connected to wifi but can't find the gateway, hit network repair (win 10) then works again for a few days. Frustrating

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T14:11:33+00:00

    New diver was better but still does it, just not as often. 

    I traced the problem down to a router setting for multiple access points. As I don't use multiple access points, I just disabled the setting.

    On my ASUS wifi router, it's called 'Fast Roaming'. If it's enabled, just disable it (for me, it was a Marwell Avastar Wireless AC adapter so this may not be applicable to Intel based wifi adapters). The symptom was that it connected to wifi, got an IP address, but showed 'No Internet'.

    Hi,

    I tried finding my router in settings, but it is only listed there. There is no option to modify it at all. How do I do what you did above? I have a Verizon ActionTec Router. Please help.

    I have an AMD processor so downloading the Intel driver did not help at all.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments