Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:35:42+00:00

I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-23T14:36:41+00:00

    Hi i was facing same problem then i found by turning off firewall for private network resolve the issue you can also try it if that works for you.

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-23T03:02:58+00:00

    Alessandro

    Ill try that thanks,

    absolutley love my Surface though I will not be getting another, besides the drop out issues It has crashed twice and had to have a total re install of all software costing me loads of lost material and time, whern its working its great but the downtime has cost me to much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-22T07:18:40+00:00

    Hi, I had the same issue, which I have solved with a workaround. I have a dual band modem (2.4 and 5 GHz) but I have noticed that the laptop never connects at 5 GHz. Thus I have changed the name of the 5Ghz band and forced the laptop to connect to eitherĀ  band only. Now the connection is stable on both bands. I believe that the disconnections were due to the inability of the computer to change band automatically.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T02:57:13+00:00

    When I bought my surface I thought got to be one of the best to buy, how wrong was I, its terrible it drops out multiple times a day, cant find networks, it freezes I have had to re install windows multiple times lost all my data and work, customer services are awful and no help, I have tried absolutley everything, it is so bad I dare not use it for conferencing I use a 14 yrs old HP instead, no way will I but another Microsoft product.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T08:15:14+00:00

    Read my story here: https://instagram.com/why\_dont\_buy\_surface?igshid=1bu1zfky6lxbc

    I have the same problem with the second replacement laptop (my 4th try at Surface)! very very disappointed!! Please share your story we should inform others. I'm a student and I spent all my savings on this laptop!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments