Mine seems fine now but i lost track of how many intel wireless network adapter updates i have done to get it that way
Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal
I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.
Surface | Surface Laptop | Network
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-09-03T13:06:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-09-03T03:38:10+00:00 The only thing that works is to use external Wifi/LAN adapter via the *only* USB port.
No more Surface.
-
Anonymous
2021-07-10T23:05:56+00:00 I just wanted to drop a note for those who have the AMD variant. It currently appears to be resolved for me after updating the WiFi card drivers. I have had been dealing with constant drops at certain locations (possibly WiFi configuration related), but in many cases I had no control over the WiFi at those locations. Microsoft is not releasing updates anywhere near as often as they are for the Intel variant., and an updated driver was not available through their official site for updates for surface. However, I was able to get updated drivers for the Qualcomm WiFi card (in the AMD system) by using Driver Easy. After updating the Qualcomm card drivers (now at ver 12.0.0.1016), I have no longer had the trouble with WiFi dropping.
-
Anonymous
2021-07-02T09:21:48+00:00 Same...Everything is up to date
-
Anonymous
2021-05-01T18:41:27+00:00 My Microsoft Surface 3 laptop is also about 9- 10 months old and I'm now having the same issue with it dropping connectivity. I don't have the issue with my older laptop. I think this might be a Microsoft Surface issue and it might have started on the last update because it never happened before. Is this being worked out ?
I hope they fix this soon. Right now I am very disappointed with my Surface computer.