Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:35:42+00:00

I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-02T09:21:48+00:00

    Same...Everything is up to date

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-01T18:41:27+00:00

    My Microsoft Surface 3 laptop is also about 9- 10 months old and I'm now having the same issue with it dropping connectivity.  I don't have the issue with my older laptop.  I think this might be a Microsoft Surface issue and it might have started on the last update because it never happened before.  Is this being worked out ?

    I hope they fix this soon.  Right now I am very disappointed with my Surface computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-29T00:18:22+00:00

    I've had the issue with my Surface Laptop 3 for more than 1 year. Wifi would drop several times a day while my HP Elitebook sitting right next to it wouldn't have any issues. Tried everything I could find on this forum, but issue only went away after I recently upgraded my Wifi Access point which now supports Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax). Haven't had a single drop for 1 month now. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-14T10:43:06+00:00

    I also had recurrent loss of wifi connection. I noticed that my surface also recognized multiple other networks from our neighbors with auto connect being switched on. So I did hide these wifi networks following instructions given in 

    How to Hide Other WiFi Networks When Connecting with Your Computer (helpdeskgeek.com) 

    Problem seems to be solved on my side !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-09T13:32:34+00:00

    After having loaded the Microsoft drivers, I see more stability with the 2.4GHz WIFI than I do with the 5GHz WIFI radio. That is not an acceptable solution from my vantage point as we pay for and should expect 5GHz connectivity. Possibly points to a deeper issue with the WIFI radio hardware Microsoft chose for this laptop. Will continue to monitor before I contact Microsoft and determine next steps! I didn't have these issues when I first received my laptop so its definitely software/driver related.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments