I am having the Same issue. Mine is a brand new Surface book 3.
Microsoft, can you please provide a working solution?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've had my SB3 since the day after they became available. I have had random wifi disconnects throughout the day, usually only 1 or 2 but they are happening daily.
I immediately check my iPad or phone that is nearby and connected to the same wifi network and have no issues accessing the internet from those devices during that time. The only way for me to re-establish my wifi connection on my SB3 is to turn off the wifi and turn it back on. Everything reconnects fine each time.
Yesterday, it did this as I was preparing to give a presentation to over 1,000 people -- virtually! Are others experiencing this? Is this is a known issue already? I just swapped over from a MacBook Pro after 10+ years in that environment and didn't have issues like this so I hope this is something easily rectified and soon or I'll be swapping back.
Thank you!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am having the Same issue. Mine is a brand new Surface book 3.
Microsoft, can you please provide a working solution?
Having the same problem; bought the laptop less than a week ago. I went with the SB3 for school, but now I’m worried it will drop the wifi while I’m in class, mid-zoom. Any known fixes??
I updated my Windows 10 through Windows Update and the issue has been resolved since.
Is this still working for you? Or did the problem return?
This issue started only over the last couple of days. It only happens with 5Gz WiFi networks. It drops out and says 'no internet connection'. I don't have the issue with the 2.4Hz WiFi network. No issue with my phone or other laptop.
Any idea what is the solution.
I have to say that there has been way too many bugs with the SB3. It overheats and throttles the processor, screen plays up, and now the wifi. I don't have any of these issues with my Surface Pro 4. It's been a subpar experience