Surface Book 3 Wifi Disconnecting Randomly

Anonymous
2020-06-02T16:18:40+00:00

I've had my SB3 since the day after they became available.  I have had random wifi disconnects throughout the day, usually only 1 or 2 but they are happening daily.

I immediately check my iPad or phone that is nearby and connected to the same wifi network and have no issues accessing the internet from those devices during that time.  The only way for me to re-establish my wifi connection on my SB3 is to turn off the wifi and turn it back on.  Everything reconnects fine each time.

Yesterday, it did this as I was preparing to give a presentation to over 1,000 people -- virtually!  Are others experiencing this? Is this is a known issue already?  I just swapped over from a MacBook Pro after 10+ years in that environment and didn't have issues like this so I hope this is something easily rectified and soon or I'll be swapping back.

Thank you!

Surface | Surface Book | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-30T05:46:59+00:00

    Hi, did you ask for a refund or replacement?

    Did they give it to you?

    Thanks.

    I'm having the same problem since day one. Also color shifts when watching movies. and now overheating issues. Seems like a lot of problems with this laptop. Appreciate your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-30T12:04:41+00:00

    Yes, replacement. Configuring the new one now, fingers crossed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-20T23:54:02+00:00

    I have this very same issue.  I've had Microsoft support connect remotely to my new Surface Book 3 and reload the latest drivers.  Yet the problem continues to occur - random wifi disconnects with no warning.  None of the suggested steps fixes the problem.  Meanwhile, my trust Surface PRO tablet and my iPad and my wife's Macbook do not have any wifi problems.  The defect is unique to the Surface Book 3 which I bought in fall 2020.  I believe the wifi adapter hardware, not the drivers, has to be the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-23T05:00:05+00:00

    So the same thing is happening over and over again, i have had a surface book 2 and it had the same problem, no driver no windows update will help, not eve a fres windows instal, nkt wven a router firmware upgrade, the problem is in the f....... Project manager who decided to put the crappies no name wifi card into surface and until the same guy and the team does not change it for intel IM NOT BUYING IT. Iws just about to buy the new SB3 32Gb 1Tb, but just for the sake of it i went to check the WiFi problem if its atill persisted and Im really disappointed. How com that they sell such a good thing and then they put a disaster wifi card into it? And they are fully aware that it has no RJ 45....I mean it is just stupid, I have sold my SB2 for over a year ago and wanted to buy the new SB3 but now, forget about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-23T06:31:34+00:00

    I have the same issue here. My SB3 remains connected to the Wi-Fi but almost every hour it gets disconnected from the internet. The problem did not happen when the laptop was completely new, which was 10 days ago. But since it started 2 days ago, it keeps happening. 

    It seems to me that this is a software issue because as soon as I disconnect form and reconnect to my WIFI network, the internet connection returns. The whole process takes two seconds, but it is irritating to do this every hour.

    Has anyone been able to find a solution except returning the laptop? I hate to think that I will have to reinstall all my software on another laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments