I am in the process of returning mine.
Surface Book 3 Wifi Disconnecting Randomly
I've had my SB3 since the day after they became available. I have had random wifi disconnects throughout the day, usually only 1 or 2 but they are happening daily.
I immediately check my iPad or phone that is nearby and connected to the same wifi network and have no issues accessing the internet from those devices during that time. The only way for me to re-establish my wifi connection on my SB3 is to turn off the wifi and turn it back on. Everything reconnects fine each time.
Yesterday, it did this as I was preparing to give a presentation to over 1,000 people -- virtually! Are others experiencing this? Is this is a known issue already? I just swapped over from a MacBook Pro after 10+ years in that environment and didn't have issues like this so I hope this is something easily rectified and soon or I'll be swapping back.
Thank you!
Surface | Surface Book | Network
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-10-17T20:58:53+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-10-20T15:54:20+00:00 I have had this issue since the day I got it (the day it was released). I originally thought it was my wifi router, but other devices seem fine. The taskbar shows a little globe rather than the wifi logo, but when clicking on it says "connected" but "no signal". Sometimes it will reconnect on it's own. It's actually disconnected twice in the process of me typing this!
-
Anonymous
2020-10-29T20:23:47+00:00 update, it seems to be working better now using a driver directly from Intel rather than the one from Microsoft: https://www.intel.com/content/
The problem came back after a couple of days... both wifi and Bluetooth behave erratically. It is impossible to do work with this ...
-
Anonymous
2020-11-03T12:15:45+00:00 The more I read from this forum, the more I know about how abnormal this surface book 3 is
Mine also has this issue - I thought it was just because of wifi router issue so I just clicked disconnect and connect again. Now it just happened again; and this time I checked my phone - my phone wifi still works
-
Anonymous
2020-11-03T16:31:45+00:00 There's another separate thread about this same issue that is now locked.