How do I get my music (like Pandora) to keep playing after the Surface shuts the screen off while on battery?

Anonymous
2012-11-08T21:12:00+00:00

I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life).  Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake?  Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound.  How do I keep it going?

Thanks

Surface | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-25T23:41:18+00:00

Greetings all,

Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-08T20:57:55+00:00

    I was having the same issue playing Pandora and I happened to try something that seems to work. Play Pandora using desktop ie and then open up the Xbox music app. Once open I can turn the screen off and Pandora continues to play.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-08T21:04:16+00:00

    I replied too quickly, having the music app does seem to extend the time before the music stops but it still stops unfortunately.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-25T13:33:13+00:00

    Download Metro Radio and it acts the same as Pandora... Actually asks you for Pandora username and password lol so it finds your playlists and works when the screen is turned off

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-25T13:50:20+00:00

    Use Metro Radio! It lets you log in to your Pandora username and password and then your play lists show up. Not only is it a good music streaming service, it doesn't turn off with the screen :) Hope this helps you and everyone

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments