How do I get my music (like Pandora) to keep playing after the Surface shuts the screen off while on battery?

Anonymous
2012-11-08T21:12:00+00:00

I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life).  Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake?  Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound.  How do I keep it going?

Thanks

Surface | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-25T23:41:18+00:00

Greetings all,

Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-23T03:08:31+00:00

    Solution!!!!

    I kind of found a solution to the streaming problem while the screen is off. I looked for "Darkest black background", then I downloaded a pitch black picture and opened the picture with the windows photo viewer. Once the picture is opened it covers the whole screen, and you cannot even tell that the screen is on; plus, it really saves a lot of battery life!!!.

    Hope this helps you guys,

    MAS

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-24T21:26:43+00:00

    Having the same kind of problem with spotify -wondered if anyone had any ideas for that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments