Greetings all,
Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life). Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake? Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound. How do I keep it going?
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Greetings all,
Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).
So is Microsoft forcing us to use the app they want us to use by only allowing that app to work?
I have Windows RT, and I do not see a Metro Radio app in the Windows Store.
Use Metro Radio! It lets you log in to your Pandora username and password and then your play lists show up. Not only is it a good music streaming service, it doesn't turn off with the screen :) Hope this helps you and everyone
Download Metro Radio and it acts the same as Pandora... Actually asks you for Pandora username and password lol so it finds your playlists and works when the screen is turned off