How do I get my music (like Pandora) to keep playing after the Surface shuts the screen off while on battery?

Anonymous
2012-11-08T21:12:00+00:00

I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life).  Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake?  Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound.  How do I keep it going?

Thanks

Surface | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-25T23:41:18+00:00

Greetings all,

Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-19T13:44:30+00:00

    That is a terrible answer and shouldn't be posted as a solution. Microsoft needs to fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-24T14:32:41+00:00

    Greetings all,

    Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).

    That's a horrible answer, and it needs to be fixed. Microsoft is pushing the Metro IE more and more, yet it's not capable of basic functions like streaming music while the screen is off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-28T04:27:18+00:00

    Request the app from Pandora directly.

    Pandora 

    Email web form -http://help.pandora.com/customer/widget/emails/new

    Twitter -

    https://mobile.twitter.com/pandora\_radio

    Facebook -

    https://www.facebook.com/Pandora


    Google+

    https://plus.google.com/+Pandora


    YouTube

    www.youtube.com/user/pandora

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-27T23:14:30+00:00

       In the meantime, it is ridiculous to me that Microsoft doesn't offer a Pandora app and seems to be forcing XBox Music.  I may have re-thought this purchase had I known that beforehand.

    Ridiculous is believing that Microsoft somehow owns Pandora or is in anyway obliged to create apps for other companies. You should ask Pandora to make a w8 app, but choose to complain about Microsoft. Interesting way to look at things. Ah well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments