How do I get my music (like Pandora) to keep playing after the Surface shuts the screen off while on battery?

Anonymous
2012-11-08T21:12:00+00:00

I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life).  Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake?  Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound.  How do I keep it going?

Thanks

Surface | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-25T23:41:18+00:00

Greetings all,

Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-13T19:15:52+00:00

    The issue isn't with an app.  There isn't a Pandora app that I know of.  I'm streaming music via Pandora over IE.  I don't have the same problem with music I play locally through the Surface Music app.  I guess it might be an IE thing.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-09T01:21:53+00:00

    Hello slyel, 

    Be sure to check for app updates. There are numerous updates released daily and the one for your the app in question could fix the problem. A workaround that has proven to be helpful is to prevent the device from entering sleep mode by extending the time the Surface stays awake.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments