Greetings all,
Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life). Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake? Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound. How do I keep it going?
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Greetings all,
Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).
The issue isn't with an app. There isn't a Pandora app that I know of. I'm streaming music via Pandora over IE. I don't have the same problem with music I play locally through the Surface Music app. I guess it might be an IE thing.
Thanks
Hello slyel,
Be sure to check for app updates. There are numerous updates released daily and the one for your the app in question could fix the problem. A workaround that has proven to be helpful is to prevent the device from entering sleep mode by extending the time the Surface stays awake.