How do I get my music (like Pandora) to keep playing after the Surface shuts the screen off while on battery?

Anonymous
2012-11-08T21:12:00+00:00

I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life).  Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake?  Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound.  How do I keep it going?

Thanks

Surface | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-25T23:41:18+00:00

Greetings all,

Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-26T06:42:49+00:00

    Are you using metro IE? I find that Pandora continues to play after the screen turn off - but only if I use the desktop version of IE.

    Kate

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-26T05:31:47+00:00

    Kate, we are all using Pandora.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-26T03:20:58+00:00

    I love my Surface but for all the great things it is there are a number of little annoying things like this audio playback through IE issue.  It's great that there is Flash support meaning we don't require an App because we can stream from IE, yet the thing won't continue to play audio when the Surface sleeps.  It's these little issues that give users the impression that MS products are not refined.  It wouldn't be bad if MS was quick at patching these issues but my experience with WP pretty much tells me Surface updates will be rather slow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-25T20:31:14+00:00

    I had the same problem today. Put some Christmas music on for the family and it stopped a couple of minutes later. This is using the default (Metro) music app.

    I am fully patched.

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments