Greetings all,
Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life). Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake? Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound. How do I keep it going?
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Greetings all,
Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).
Request the app from Pandora directly.
Pandora
Email web form -http://help.pandora.com/customer/widget/emails/new
Twitter -
https://mobile.twitter.com/pandora\_radio
Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/Pandora
Google+
https://plus.google.com/+Pandora
YouTube
www.youtube.com/user/pandora
In the meantime, it is ridiculous to me that Microsoft doesn't offer a Pandora app and seems to be forcing XBox Music. I may have re-thought this purchase had I known that beforehand.
Ridiculous is believing that Microsoft somehow owns Pandora or is in anyway obliged to create apps for other companies. You should ask Pandora to make a w8 app, but choose to complain about Microsoft. Interesting way to look at things. Ah well.
Hi Everyone,
So, I just got my surface a few days ago and am experiencing this issue, where streaming Pandora via IE doesn't work when the tablet goes into sleep mode. I am a novice, so please bear with me, but what does it mean to launch Pandora on the Desktop IE? I'd like to try this as a possible solution if I can. In the meantime, it is ridiculous to me that Microsoft doesn't offer a Pandora app and seems to be forcing XBox Music. I may have re-thought this purchase had I known that beforehand.
There are 2 versions of IE in Windows 8.x/RT the Full Screen IE you launch from the Start Screen, often referred to the Modern UI or Metro version of IE and the desktop version of IE that is launched from the desktop (there is a desktop tile in the All Programs list from the Start Screen). On the desktop click the IE icon on the Task Bar.
You can also launch the desktop version of IE from the Modern UI version, by bringing up the "Charms Menu" and selecting the "Wrench" button and select "View in the Desktop"
Hi Everyone,
So, I just got my surface a few days ago and am experiencing this issue, where streaming Pandora via IE doesn't work when the tablet goes into sleep mode. I am a novice, so please bear with me, but what does it mean to launch Pandora on the Desktop IE? I'd like to try this as a possible solution if I can. In the meantime, it is ridiculous to me that Microsoft doesn't offer a Pandora app and seems to be forcing XBox Music. I may have re-thought this purchase had I known that beforehand.