Updates didn't help. I think I'll return the dock today ...
AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...
I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.
Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2016-03-03T08:01:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-03-03T14:55:47+00:00 I think disabling Fast Startup in the power settings, and possibly changing your power settings to something other than Hibernate (or Sleep?), will resolve this issue, at least until MS issues a fix.
-
Anonymous
2016-04-02T12:10:57+00:00 These pop ups have been getting worse and more frequent. As I was looking this up and reading these posts, it was almost constant. I thought I kept this pretty clean. I just tried the cleaning of the connectors with the lint free cloth and eye-glass cleaner (which has isopropyl alcohol) and so far so good - not one "autorate on" pop up.
Thank you very much!!
-
Anonymous
2016-05-31T16:41:41+00:00 On my Surface Pro (the early one), I have tablet mode off. The "autorotate on" shows randomly as others have said, but I can trigger it at will by rotating my surface 90 deg either way. The display does NOT rotate (turned off).
-
Anonymous
2016-11-02T21:35:43+00:00 This started happening to my Surface Book today. I got the 10/28/16 firmware updates on 10/29/16. Everything seemed fine. Then this morning it started constantly reporting Autorotate On, then Attached. Then Autorotate On, then Attached. It does this 2 or 3 times, then seems to settle down. Then suddenly it starts again. It has done this randomly all day. I have tried everything. I tried running the Sensor Troubleshooter and it crashes repeatedly. Definitely something very wrong here.